JPIA Wellness Grant Program
The JPIA Wellness Grant Program is intended to help agencies participating in JPIA Anthem medical plans establish a wellness program or carry out a wellness initiative. Grant funds are provided by Anthem on an annual basis, but this is not guaranteed. Agency wellness programs are open to employees enrolled in any JPIA medical plan. The amount of funds available to an agency is a minimum of $200 and a maximum of $2,000. The amount awarded is based on headcount, or the request from the agency, if less. The grant period normally runs from July 1 – June 30. Applications are typically sent out in late May to eligible agencies.
Those agencies who wish to participate must go through the JPIA’s application process, and if they are granted funds, they must provide receipts showing how the wellness funds were spent. JPIA requires that the funds be used to improve employee health and well-being, such as activities centered on exercise, nutrition, stress reduction, improved sleep, etc. Funds should not be used for activities that are primarily team-building unless they have a wellness component. Programs can be big or small, limited in duration or ongoing. Not only do healthier employees (and healthier dependents) help keep medical premiums down, but they also have reduced absenteeism, increased presenteeism, improved productivity and morale.
Wellness Program Toolkits
- Anthem EAP Training Catalog – Courses available at no cost to agencies participating in Anthem EAP. Up to eight hours of training per participating agency per year.
- Anthem EAP Training Request Form – Please complete and submit this form to Anthem EAP when requesting a course. See instructions on form.
- Anthem Blue Cross – Costs vary by region, please contact Jackie Rech for more information.
- Wednesday Wellness Webinars – Go to Wellness Resources tab under Webinars
- Everybody Walk Documentary – Go to Wellness Resources tab under Fitness Apps and Resources
Vendors Used and Recommended by JPIA Members
Longevity, Inc. – Early Detection Screenings using Ultrasound On-site (Echocardiogram, Abdominal Cancer Screening, Carotid Ultrasound, Aortic Aneurysm Screening, and more)
Spice of Life – Health Fair Event Coordinators (San Marcos, CA and surrounding area)
Ridgecrest Regional Hospital – Health Screenings including full blood panel, PSA, ovarian cancer test, BMI (Ridgecrest, CA and surrounding area)
Body Techniques – is proud to partner with JPIA member agencies and bring wellness to your employees. All JPIA member agencies will receive a 15% discount off their first order (Massage has a minimum of three hours per order). Use discount code JPIA2021 when placing your wellness order.