Strengthening the Future
Dates: Monday, May 8- Tuesday, May 9, 2023
Location: Monterey Marriott, 350 Calle Principal, Monterey, CA 93940
Monday, May 8, 2023
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. —– Workers’ Compensation Committee Meeting
9:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. —– Executive Committee Meeting
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. —– Pre-Board Meeting Lunch (First come, first serve buffet luncheon)
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. —– Board of Director’s Meeting with Executive Committee Election
6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. —– Dinner Celebrating the Retirement of ACWA JPIA CEO Andy Sells (RSVP required)
Tuesday, May 9, 2023
8:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. —– Seminar I: Leadership, Digital Strategy, and Technology Risk
Presenter: Scott Klososky, Founding Partner, Future Point of View
10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. —– Seminar II: The New Path to Better Employee Health
Presenter: Tom Sher, Senior Vice President, Alliant
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. —– Sexual Harassment Prevention for Board Members & Managers
Presenter: Robert Greenfield, JPIA General Counsel
Exhibit Hall During ACWA’s Conference
From May 9-11, 2023, JPIA Staff and JPIA Executive Committee Members will be present during ACWA’s exhibit hall hours. The ACWA JPIA exhibit booth is a great place to catch up with familiar faces, ask pertinent questions and meet new JPIA employees. ACWA JPIA’s exhibit booth is at the #212 & #214 booth locations.
ACWA JPIA Spring 2023 Conference Reminders
- CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
- The ACWA JPIA Spring Conference schedule is included in your conference packet & can also be found here.
- The ACWA JPIA Spring Board of Directors meeting (agenda found in your conference packet & here) will be held on May 8, 2023, at 1:00 pm. It will feature the Executive Committee election.
- MAY 8TH DINNER RSVPS
- There will be a dinner celebrating the retirement of ACWA JPIA CEO Andy Sells on May 8, 2023, at 6:00 pm in Ferrante’s Bay View Ballroom on the Monterey Marriott’s 10th Floor.
- The deadline to RSVP for the May 8th dinner was 4/13/23. To be added to the wait list for the May 8th dinner, please email email@example.com.
- MEETING LOCATIONS
- ACWA JPIA check-in & all meetings will occur in the Monterey Marriott’s San Carlos Ballrooms.
- Maps noting ACWA JPIA’s event locations at the Monterey Marriott can be found here.
- Please plan for extra time for parking and walking to the ACWA JPIA conference locations in the Monterey Marriott.
- Valet services are available at the Monterey Marriott for $40 per day. There is no parking validation available from ACWA JPIA.
- Monterey parking information can be found on the City of Monterey website. There are city parking options nearby the Monterey Marriott.
- The City of Monterey’s Downtown West Garage and Downtown East Garage, located at 340 Tyler St, Monterey, CA 93940, are available 24 hours per day and are a 5-minute walk from the Monterey Marriott.
- Please note that these are paid parking options & are subject to availability.
- CONFERENCE MATERIALS
- If you requested a conference packet when you registered for the conference, it has already been mailed to you. Please remember to bring your conference packet with you!
- You can also print the conference packet before your arrival or use the digital version.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Please confirm your hotel reservation in advance. As a top tourism destination, Monterey hotels often get booked to full capacity.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about ACWA’s conference, which has a separate registration, check-in, and event locations, please refer to the ACWA app or visit: https://www.acwa.com/events/2023-spring-conference-exhibition/
Swift and Steady
November 28-29, 2022 -- Hyatt Regency
JPIA's meetings and events for the 2022 Fall Conference were held at the Hyatt Regency, Indian Wells, CA.
Conference Schedule - Conference Packet
Handouts - PFAS Contamination - The Risks and Realities for Water Districts
Handouts - Corporate Water Stewardship: How Companies are Addressing Water Risk
Navigating the Future
May 2-3, 2022 -- Sheraton Grand Hotel
JPIA's meetings and events for the 2022 Spring Conference were held at the Sheraton Grand Hotel, Sacramento CA.
Conference Schedule -- Conference Packet
Handouts - Cybersecurity for Utilities: Principles and Framework
Handouts - The Protection Gap: Climate Risk and Insurance
Handouts - Sexual Harassment Prevention for Board Members & Managers
November 29-30, 2021
Pasadena Convention Center
JPIA's meetings and events for the 2021 Fall Conference were held at the Pasadena Convention Center.
Conference Schedule - Conference Packet
Seminar handouts: Seven Decades of Medicare
Seminar handouts: The “Success” in Succession Planning Begins with the Unique Role of the Board
Seminar handouts: Sexual Harassment Prevention for Board Members & Managers