MARK YOUR CALENDAR
2024 SPRING CONFERENCE
May 6-7, 2024, Sacramento, CA
Conference details will be available here. Stay tuned and check back frequently for ACWA JPIA conference updates.
2023 Fall ACWA JPIA Conference
ACWA JPIA’s Fall Conference took place in Indian Wells, California. For insights from the previous conference, check out the information below.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Check out the list of Sponsors for Fall Conference.
Strengthening the Future
Dates: Monday, May 8- Tuesday, May 9, 2023
Location: Monterey Marriott, 350 Calle Principal, Monterey, CA 93940
Monday, May 8, 2023
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. —– Workers’ Compensation Committee Meeting
9:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. —– Executive Committee Meeting
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. —– Pre-Board Meeting Lunch (First come, first serve buffet luncheon)
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. —– Board of Director’s Meeting with Executive Committee Election
6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. —– Dinner Celebrating the Retirement of ACWA JPIA CEO Andy Sells (RSVP required)
Tuesday, May 9, 2023
8:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. —– Seminar I: Leadership, Digital Strategy, and Technology Risk
Presenter: Scott Klososky, Founding Partner, Future Point of View
10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. —– Seminar II: The New Path to Better Employee Health
Presenter: Tom Sher, Senior Vice President, Alliant
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. —– Sexual Harassment Prevention for Board Members & Managers
Presenter: Robert Greenfield, JPIA General Counsel
Exhibit Hall During ACWA’s Conference
From May 9-11, 2023, JPIA Staff and JPIA Executive Committee Members will be present during ACWA’s exhibit hall hours. The ACWA JPIA exhibit booth is a great place to catch up with familiar faces, ask pertinent questions and meet new JPIA employees. ACWA JPIA’s exhibit booth is at the #212 & #214 booth locations.
ACWA JPIA Spring 2023 Conference Reminders
- CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
- The ACWA JPIA Spring Conference schedule is included in your conference packet & can also be found here.
- The ACWA JPIA Spring Board of Directors meeting (agenda found in your conference packet & here) will be held on May 8, 2023, at 1:00 pm. It will feature the Executive Committee election.
- MAY 8TH DINNER RSVPS
- There will be a dinner celebrating the retirement of ACWA JPIA CEO Andy Sells on May 8, 2023, at 6:00 pm in Ferrante’s Bay View Ballroom on the Monterey Marriott’s 10th Floor.
- The deadline to RSVP for the May 8th dinner was 4/13/23. To be added to the wait list for the May 8th dinner, please email email@example.com.
- MEETING LOCATIONS
- ACWA JPIA check-in & all meetings will occur in the Monterey Marriott’s San Carlos Ballrooms.
- Maps noting ACWA JPIA’s event locations at the Monterey Marriott can be found here.
- Please plan for extra time for parking and walking to the ACWA JPIA conference locations in the Monterey Marriott.
- Valet services are available at the Monterey Marriott for $40 per day. There is no parking validation available from ACWA JPIA.
- Monterey parking information can be found on the City of Monterey website. There are city parking options nearby the Monterey Marriott.
- The City of Monterey’s Downtown West Garage and Downtown East Garage, located at 340 Tyler St, Monterey, CA 93940, are available 24 hours per day and are a 5-minute walk from the Monterey Marriott.
- Please note that these are paid parking options & are subject to availability.
- CONFERENCE MATERIALS
- If you requested a conference packet when you registered for the conference, it has already been mailed to you. Please remember to bring your conference packet with you!
- You can also print the conference packet before your arrival or use the digital version.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- Please confirm your hotel reservation in advance. As a top tourism destination, Monterey hotels often get booked to full capacity.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about ACWA’s conference, which has a separate registration, check-in, and event locations, please refer to the ACWA app or visit: https://www.acwa.com/events/2023-spring-conference-exhibition/